Tuesday 31 January 2012

BEST. CHATROOM. TALK. EVER. Viggo Mortensen just answered my quesssstion! Bwahahaha!


Right so anyone who has ever spent more than about 5 seconds with me, haha, will know how much I freakin' LOVE Viggo Mortensen!  He is without a doubt not only one of the greatest actors of his generation, he is easily one of the greatest and most iconic actors of all time!  I mean, he's ARAGORN for stalky pants sake!!!  One of the greatest loves of my life...and a man I WANT TO BE!!!  Haha. 


So yesss, when yesterday I found out that my dear darling partner in crime from when I worked at Vue Cinema in Plymouth had got the chance to interview him, I was beyond psyched!  The Mox and I bonded over a love of Lord of the Rings and all things geeky so this is pretty fucking epic!  With his work as BBC Radio Devon's film critic, he's interviewed some pretty cool people...this is definitely the one that has me squeeee'ing more than I usually do...I was almost speechless when I first found out!  And for me, we all know how much of a "WTF!?" moment that is, haha.  Anyhoo, totally psyched for him, as I was falling to sleep last night I was busy thinking of questions I'd love to ask Viggo, as a true Stalkypantsasaurus would do, right?  :)

And then....da, daaa, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh...I sign on to Twitter to post a link to my Parent's blog and see a Tweet from Empire saying Viggo was in the building and was live in the chat room!  Wheeee, wooop, doo daaah dooop!  So obviously my stalky pants self has to ask some questions.  Now my first question was one regarding working with Sean Penn on his directorial debut, The Indian Runner, one of my favourite films of all time.  And then the stupid thing crashed!  *insert MAJOR arrrrgh*  Anyhoo, I refreshed it and it wouldn't let me see if it had actually posted, or if he'd answered.  I'll get to check that out when the transcript is released later.  

(Pictured below - Viggo in The Indian Runner)


Sooo, I then ask him my next question, one I've been wanting to ask him for well over a decade...
You have done two Hitchcock remakes, as a massive Hitchcock fan I think you would have been amazing working with him, you have that classic and timeless vibe about you! Would you have liked to worked with Hitchcock back in the day and is there any of his films in particular you wish you had been in back then? :)


(Pictured above - Viggo as Sam Loomis in Psycho remake)

And zee answer from the amazing man himself...


I may be mistaken, but my understanding is that he was loath to allow actors to do much thinking for themselves, so I don't know that i would have been that comfortable working for him. However, given his track record, and were he still alive, it would be hard to pass up the opportunity to find out for myself what being directed by him would be like.


(Pictured above - Viggo as David Shaw in A Perfect Murder, the re-imagining of Dial M For Murder)

Sooo, there you have it!  I now have my answer!  Thank you Empire, heehee.  

And I can not wait to hear The Mox's interview with him, I shall be sure to linky all y'all Viggo lovers to it, bwahahahaha.  

And now to get back to the work I was actually supposed to be doing before I got distracted...but for the most worthwhile skiving moment EVER!!!  Muchos looooove to the Viggo!  And now back to writing like an actual grown up, totally non-fangirl (HA!) writer!  :D


(Pictured above - Viggo in Fresh Horses, in the small role that got him the part in The Indian Runner!)

The full transcript is up now, you can check it out at the Empire site! :D

6 comments:

  1. Man, that is so cool. Glad you had a chance to ask Viggo your questions Jennifer. I bet you're still on a high from that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you bet ya! Can't wait to hear The Mox's interview as well...super squeeeeeeeeeeeeee! <3

      Delete
  2. You cannot possibly love him more than I do! And by the way, I saw your question and his answer on www.viggo-works.com. I actually scored tickets to a special preview of The Road in Hollywood where the man himself appeared afterward and participated in a Q&A. I thought I was going to die of excitement. He took questions for about an hour. I, of course, said nothing because I was drooling the entire time. I agree with you 100 percent. Viggo is an incredible actor and Indian Runner is also one of my favorites. I loved him in Walk on the Moon, of course - anytime Viggo is naked I'm there. Great post!
    p.s. I have a blog dedicated to the man himself. Check it out sometime.
    www.trixiesmommy.blogspot.com

    XOXO
    Mrs. Mortensen (I wish)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, why herroooo Debbie, it is lovely to meet a fellow Viggo loving dork, heehee. And GUH. YUH. to The Road preview, I would have been the same, and if I did try to speak I would have been a stuttering freak show, haha. And ooh, LOVE A Walk on the Moon as well, he's just so dreamy in that film! <3

      Just had a wee nosey at your blog as well, you're hysterical. I loved your Golden Globes Red Carpet hilarity! Definitely adding you to my blogs to follow, heehee. And just out of curiosity, did you just do a search for Morleysaurus to find my blog? :D However you found me, I'm glad you did. I can't wait to sit and read through your blog. :P xox

      Delete
  3. Well ain't you all Hollywood now. Oh, I just chatted with Viggo, no biggie! Pinky in the air.

    ReplyDelete

The comments section is there to discuss and converse. Constructive criticism is always good, bad mouthing people and being a douche is not! So don't be a douche, mmmm'kay!