Sunday 19 February 2012

Review of Just Us by Lori Bowen



I love me some good old revenge flicks. I also believe that we are all capable of doing things that we wouldn't otherwise think possible.  But if something so vile happened to a person we loved, who knows what kind of dark places that would take us too?!!  Just Us is a wonderful short that addresses this matter, with beautifully macabre consequences. All too often in society people such as killers and rapists walk free after committing heinous crimes, and I think it is at the very core of us as human beings to want retribution for these crimes.  But the fucked up thing about the world we live in is, bad people walk, even after the most sordid of crimes.  Yet if someone was to take the law into their own hands and make sure the criminal get their just desserts...it would be that individual who was doing what any decent human being would be thinking, they'd be arrested and more than likely go to jail for a very long time. All whilst the actual bad guy walked! I think that's why revenge flicks have always sat to well with me...they're the films where you get to see the bad guys royally fucked up...and in cases such as Just Us, and my personal favourite female revenge flick, I Spit On Your Grave...I get to root like fuck for the girl whopping out a good old ass kicking and dick chopping!


(Pictured above - Director Lori Bowen at work!)

Lori Bowen did a brilliant job on Just Us and I'd love to see what she'd do with a revenge feature. She most certainly a talented little lady with a bright future ahead of her!

And just a little afterthought, another personal favourite revenge flick is James Wan's Death Sentence, absolutely fucking amazing film!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Morleysaurus

    I am the writer and director of an upcoming short horror film entitled “The Prospector’s Curse”. Below is a link to our press release and poster, and I would be very grateful if you could help spread the word by writing about my film on your website. I would also like to send you the completed film for review once it’s available. Please contact me at joshheisie@gmail.com if you’re interested.

    http://www.wix.com/joshheisie/theprospectorscurse#!press-release

    Thanks for your time, and all the best
    Josh Heisie
    www.joshheisie.com

    ReplyDelete

The comments section is there to discuss and converse. Constructive criticism is always good, bad mouthing people and being a douche is not! So don't be a douche, mmmm'kay!