Wednesday 17 August 2011

Why The Crow is One of the BEST Films EVER! And Should NOT Be Remade...EVER!!!

"If two people are meant to be together...nothing can keep them apart!"


Okay so when it comes to remakes and what not, I have been known in the past to stomp my feet and throw my toys out of the pram, i.e. The Omen (yes I started a petition against that ginger twat!!!)...I can actually support them, yes, I did support Rob Zombie's Halloween. *ducks*  When it comes to The Crow however, it actually makes me actually physically sick.  It's like that feeling when you ache for the love of your life when they are not there...this is how I feel.  Like my heart has been ripped out.  My eyes physically sting from the tears welling up inside at the thought.  The Crow is more than a precious film, it is a tragically perfect film.  One that should be re-released in cinemas for a new generation to enjoy...and if they don't like it as it's not "modern enough" then they can go fuck themselves...simples.

"A building get's torched, all that is left is ashes.  I used to think that it is true about everything - family, friends, feelings - but now I know that sometimes, if love proves real, and two people are meant to be together, nothing can keep them apart."

This film is the ultimate love story.  It is the story of two people destined to be together in a seriously fucked up world.  It is a story that I crave...I want to live in it!


"Who the fuck get's married on Halloween anyhow?" -  One of my favourite quotes in the movie, who wouldn't want to get married on Halloween.  <3  It's the perfect holiday to get married on. :)

As I said before, everything about this movie is tragically perfect.  The life of Rochelle Davis, otherwise known as Sarah in the movie; it has been plagued by tragedy and in fact heavily reflected the life that her onscreen mother actually lives in The Crow.  Thankfully she is turning her life around now which makes me so happy.  The Crow was her first and only role, with the exception of a cameo part in 2009's Hell House.  For anyone to have made such an impact with one film, is evidence of a true and unique talent.  As an advocate for women I think that the experiences that Rochelle has been through in life, makes her a true inspiration and I love her so much! <3

Obviously the tragedy that we focus on most however, is that of Brandon Lee's death.  For an actor to die on set is a horrible, tragic thing.  For an actor to have just done the role of his life, such as Brandon in The Crow...it is sad, it is depressing...and it brings on such a sense of melancholy that to attempt to remake it, it's sick! 


Now I don't have a problem with the director assigned to The Crow remake...in fact I rather like 28 Weeks Later director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo...I just think he should be using his talents to make unique, original films.  Although, IF....and I say IF with gritted teeth...the movie has to be made...I'd rather it was in the hands of someone I like than some douchebag like, hmmm, Michael Bay!!!  But still...all these fucking rumours about actors such as Bradley Cooper (who I like!), Mark Wahlberg (who when good is GREAT, and when bad is....*shudder*) and Channing fucking Tatum...WHAT THE FLYING FUCKTARD!?!!!  He's too ugh to play Eric Draven!!!  

Those rumours aside...I appeal to anyone who has their moohlah in this film...DO NOT REMAKE IT!  The thought itself is criminal.  It is a film of beauty.  A film of perfection.  That level of perfection shall never be achieved again.  To remake a film of this calibre...there is too much too it.  Not only to remake the film, but to remake what is without a doubt one of the most perfect soundtracks of all time....impossible.  The soundtrack, like the film, is perfect.,  It is that perfect image of the 90's grunge scene...a music scene that to this day is damn near impossible to replicate.  


Sarah - "You're gonna say I should be in a cemetery in the middle of the night" "Safest place in the world to be" - Eric Draven "It's because everybody's dead!" - Sarah

Perfection!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I agree Jennifer. The Crow is perfect as is. Doesn't need to be remade. It was bad enough that it was followed by those two awful sequels. UGH! The Crow is one of my favorite films. Wickedly cool. And I hate to bash a film even before it's made..heck even before they cast it, but this is one film that they should not remake. Really. Great post Jennifer by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monty, and yeah, I just love it so much. I've only seen the first sequel once, can't really remember anything about it apart from it being crap, have not watched any of the others out of principle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully it's just rumors & it will NOT be remade! :[ That would sadden me.

    And! I agree, Halloween is a perfect day to get married, if I ever were to marry...I want to get married on that day. <3

    So, glad I found you blog! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I'm so happy you found my blog too. It is a pleasure to meet you! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everything you've said here! The Crow is one of those movies that made such an impression on me when I was younger. I adore it, and the thought of an actor like Bradley Cooper or Channing Tatum taking on the part of Eric makes me want to puke. And I just remembered that I had a mad crush on Rochelle Davis back in the day too! It's sad to hear about the problems she's had recently, but I'm glad things are getting better for her!

    I'm also happy I found your blog! It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Theri, glad to see I'm not alone in my rantings!

    And yay, been checking out your site as well, me likeee! :P

    ReplyDelete

The comments section is there to discuss and converse. Constructive criticism is always good, bad mouthing people and being a douche is not! So don't be a douche, mmmm'kay!