Friday 29 April 2011

Stalky Pants Power GO!!! - Why Y'all Should LOVE Adam Barnick!

Okay so totally random babblings...Adam Barnick, better known to me as Evil Bee Bee has a great reputation as a man who makes great extra's.  The thing is, he doesn't just make great extra's, he makes amazing mini films.  And this isn't just me, this is coming from one of my favourite directors Adam Green...and Paul Solet.  If you watch the documentary features for both FROZEN and GRACE you will see just how amazingly talented this man is!


Evil Bee Bee is one of my favourite examples of a brilliant writer turned filmmaker, alongside Robert Galluzo, Mr Rob G, the man whom without I wouldn't have had the pleasure of knowing all these amazing guys so soon.  Rob is responsible for the amazing PSYCHO LEGACY...a documentary that allowed him to indulge in all his geeky Psycho dreams.  :)  Anyhoo, back to Barnick, one of Rob's closest friends, here is an interview with zee man...via Skype that is ace, IMHO.  Dammit, I really need to get a video camera for my laptop so I can Skype peoples.




Barnick first got film recognition with his short MAINSTREAM which was featured on the Fangoria Blood Drive II DVD...a DVD of shorts that also included one by Paul Solet, the director of GRACE, both the short film and the amazing feature film too.  MAINSTREAM is disturbing, incredibly dark and reminds me of early Cronenberg and Lynch, absolutely brilliant!  This short is even more proof that someone should give this man moohlah so he can make a super awesome feature out of this.  Fuck all this Hollywood mainstream crap...*pun intended*...let the real talent have a chance to get their work out there!



Anyhoo, all these ramblings came about as I have just watched GRACE with the commentary by Adam Green and Paul Solet.  Let's just say that Barnick is mentioned lots and lots.  :)  I now urge y'all to go out and check out this movie, if you haven't already.  And check out the special features and the commentary, it's so fackin' funny!  If you need some more convincing then how's about checking out my blog post on GRACE...and then after that how's about checking out my post on FROZEN!  :D  Lots of geekiness assured and Barnick's documentaries are superb! 
    

And one last little thing that you totally have to check out by Mr Barnick is his project WHAT IS SCARY?  He set up a phone line and got people to call in and say what they found scary.  I can't wait to see the final product, I'm sure it will be awesome.  And Barnick, you know what I find scary...that poor Scruffles was sacrificed by the evil John Torrani (see below with Barnick)!  He is a bad man who turned Mr Nice Barnick (ha!) into the evil monster he is now, bwahahaha.  The rise of Evil Bee Bee...super scary!!!!!! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments section is there to discuss and converse. Constructive criticism is always good, bad mouthing people and being a douche is not! So don't be a douche, mmmm'kay!